Server Maintenance This Week. ×

VOIP and FILEMAKER

This topic is 2002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

i'm making a study about changing our phone system.

The main interest would be to use IP system and get data back. For example, when some on call, with Windows you could use TAPI for getting back the number and make a request in your database system (sales forces, etc).

I don't find anything about connecting FILEMAKER with TAPI and more useful for me using IP Phone to open FILEMAKER database with Mac Os

Did someone already work on it ?

Tom

I've used Softphone.Pro (available for Windows and MacOS) to connect to FileMaker. It can trigger custom actions based on inbound rings (detailing the calling number), inbound answer, and hang ups. I use fmp urls to get data flowing. When I want to call a customer from the database I can initiate a softphone.pro url scheme command to get it to start dialing, it will then report back using an fmp url to let me know when the call is finished so that I can track this in the DB. Softphone.pro can also (on our request) now record (parts of) calls on demand and tell FM where the recording can be found when it informs FM the call has finished. That allows me to import the recording into FM.

https://softphone.pro/

• 1 month later...

(I hope that) the easiest way to integrate FileMaker app with a phone system is using 24U Phone Companion. It supports a wide variety of phone systems and a new version we are going to release later this month adds even support specifically for VOIP.  We have tested it with RingCentral and SNOM phones.

If you're interested, contact me directly and I can let you access the new version slightly ahead of the official release. 

This topic is 2002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.