Use 4D ODBC as Datasource

This topic is 2036 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Does anyone have experience and/or success using a 4D database as an external datasource through ODBC. I can add the system DSN and add it to FMP. Once I attempt to view the tables in the 4D database, I receive an error that the "ODBC connection is not compatible". Does anyone have a work around or suggestions? Thanks!

• Newbies

I am using windows.  The DNS shows up inside of FMP as it should. Within the ODBC  manager in Windows I can test the connection and it is successful, so that all seems to be correct. It's after I add the external data source within FMP and then do to manage database to pull in the tables I get the error message. I have attached a couple of screen shots.

2018-09-21_13h27_36.png

2018-09-21_13h28_19.png

• Newbies

I am the user and I have full admin rights. I can connect using a SQL tool using my credentials without any issue. The error that I am getting doesn't seem to point towards a rights issue. The error is indicating a compatibility issue. I was hoping to find someone that has successfully connect to a 4D database through ODBC in FileMaker. There are very few details on the web. Thanks.

This topic is 2036 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.