Export Container doesn't work on FMServer

This topic is 1901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have Scriptmaster installed on Filemaker Server 16, and on my iMac workstation as well in FMPA 17.   The Export Container example works perfectly on my workstation when connected to the server, but when the same script is executed on the server, nothing is written to the destination file path  FileMaker Server/Data/Documents.

I know that the script is running properly on the server because all other elements of the script run.  It is intended to send an email message with an attachment that is exported from a container field.   The email is delivered, but missing the attachment and that's because the export to the "Docs" folder fails.

I also observe that there is a significant difference in GetFieldName when the container is set to use remote storage.  Instead of the name of the field in the container, you get a multi-line string that defines the remotely stored object.  As such, it's not the name of the container object the same way is it is when the container content is embedded.

There is an issue which I know that 360works are aware of and working to fix with this version to do with the fmpro.getContainerStream method....

It's tricky because some older versions, which do work, might not load properly on Server 17 - those might be fine on FMS16.. Don't think it will be too long before there's a fix.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This topic is 1901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.