Plugins on AWS/FmCloud for FmGo.

This topic is 1976 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good afternoon,

I am trying to understand a problem I am experiencing with an FmGo solution.  The solution is hosted on FM Cloud (AWS) and runs well on my Mac workstation, but experiences a few issues when running on the iPad.
I'm also experiencing the same problem when I host it from a local Windows Server 2012 box.

Using RESTful APIs (with BaseElements plugin) on my Mac workstation and I am downloading product data from a host, manipulating the data, then uploading it back to the host.

I am assuming that I need to have the BE plugin running on the AWS host before FmGo can use the functions within. As no FM solution runs on the host itself (to Install Plugin), how do I install this plugin to the FMS there? (Assuming that this problem is related to plugins on FmGo). 

Also, without ScriptDebugging on the iPad, I have a ton of Show Custom Dialogs all over the shop trying to see where it goes wrong on the iPad. Some of the REST calls fail with authentication errors on the iPad but work fine on the desktop. Same script. Got me beat!  I'm thinking it may be one and the same problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Hi

First, get the Linux version of the plug-in.

FM Go does not support plug-ins so you need to process your script on the server, e.g. PSOS. Merely installing the plug-in on FMCloud does not grant the plug-in features to FM Go.

To install the plug-in on FMC create an FM file with a container that holds the plug-in and upload to FMC. Write a script to run on PSOS to use the "Install Plug-in" script step. That should install the plug-in on the server (because it ran server side!). You need to enable plug-ins on the server first, of course, on the Connectors tab.

You will appreciate the beauty of running plug-ins server side when you realise you then don't need to install plug-ins for the client!

HTH

Hi IdealData,

Thank you very much - this installation appeared to work perfectly. :)  The Install script returned a 0.

How can I tell if the plugin Installed correctly in Filemaker Cloud? (The enable install plugins is switched on.)
The result from Get(InstalledFMPlugins) - I am assuming - reads from the local device - an iPad in this case so is not reporting that of Filemaker Cloud.

Greg

Edited by Greg Hains
Further development

Run Get(InstalledFMPlugins) on the server using a PSOS script and exit the script with the results so that you can check it on the desktop/ipad. You can also run BE_Version in a PSOS script and pipe the result back to the calling script to check BE is installed, working and the correct version.

Hi Olger, and thank you for responding.

I ran those two commands PSOS on the iPad and nothing at all is returned. From this, I am guessing that no plugins are on the host.
I also checked for Get(LastError)  on both commands - I didn't even get a 0.
(Given that it's PSOS, would any device running those scripts return the same result? I tried from the workstation as well as a test - same result)

I'm not sure what is going on - or how to further diagnose it. Normally on FMS we can browse through the plugin folders, but am unable to do this on AWS.
How else can I see what is happening please?

Greg

This topic is 1976 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.