This topic is 1950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

if we want to develop a solution that runs locally on the machine and we want to sell them we should give them the solution and client must have FileMaker full version which the client has to buy. But many clients aren't having FileMaker installed on the machine, is there any solution for this problem to run solution full-fledged ???? apart from making runtime which has restricted functions 

hope u got my point

Hello

If your potential clients need to use the features of FileMaker then they must buy FileMaker! This is the business model of FileMaker. It wouldn't make any sense to allow organisations or individuals to use the features of the software for free.

Now of course, the most sensible way to provide inexpensive access to your solution for your clients on Mac OS X or Windows PC's would be to host it on a Filemaker Server and allow them to access the solution with WebDirect.

The best kind of license for you to obtain for your server would be an SBA license, which grants you the ability to host a vertical market solution which multiple different organisations access. It is a lower cost per user to you than a standard FileMaker Server/User license, and avoids the normal contractual terms that stipulate you can only allow members of your direct organisation (and subcontractors) to access your Filemaker Server.

You will need to be (or to buy from) an FBA partner to get an SBA license and FileMaker have to see your solution first to ensure it is secure and compliant.

I don't believe that you can give your clients copies of the FileMaker Pro app under this type of SBA license, I believe they would have to use WebDirect, but you may wish to check with FileMaker on that.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

WebDirect or a Custom Web Publishing is about the only FM option right now. From the mac side of things, once Apple moves to allow iOS App Store apps to run on macOS, that may be a possibility. 

Everything has a cost. It's either going to cost you dollars, development time, or features. That's just how software works. :)

• Like 1

This topic is 1950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.