Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Downloading files to iPad / iOS

This topic is 1931 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We've been using mirrorsync successfully for a couple year on MacOS laptops. The solution is just over 3Gb in size and has 3 related files, and about 18 syncing users.

I'm trying to bring an iPad in for the first time (FileMaker Go 17, iOS 12.1.1) and having some problems downloading and expanding the files. Is there a step-by-step available?

When I click on the link in Safari on iOS a 500Mb zip file called "FMServerDownload.zip" is downloaded .

There is a blue link "Open In FileMaker Go", under the filename. But when I click on it it just moves the FMSerevrDownload.zip file to Other Documents in FileMaker Go. When I tap the .zip within FMGo it shows 'LOADING' for a while, then shows and icon "FMServerDownload 535.7 MB 3 files" with a button to "Preview Content". When clicking "Preview Content" the names of the 3 files within the archive are listed. I cannot open the files with FM Go.

How do I open that zip downloaded from mirrorsync server and have the files recognized by FileMaker Go Do I need to take the zip to File app first?

Thanks,

ft.

This topic is 1931 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.