This topic is 1526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey Guys,

Looking to migrate away from seedcode subscribe - it seems like a filemaker server update somehow managed to completely kill it.

Wondering if it's easy enough to create "read only calendars" in the same way that I was able to in Subscribe, for me I need to publish individual calendars for freelance employees.

Was also wondering if it's easy enough to create calendars based on filters ?

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Yes, it is easy and simple to create read only versions of your published calendars.

Filtering is also an option in Zulu 3, you can see how the process is accomplished here in our documentation http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Zulu_-_Filtering .

You can also download Zulu at our website https://360works.com/filemaker-calendar/ and try it out free in demo mode for up to 2 hours.

-Nick
360Works

Hey Nick,

Is there any way to get a read-only version that works in either outlook, outlook webaccess or Google Calendar - I don't think either support authentication.

The read-only version works perfectly in iCal but nothing else.

Thanks

James

• 11 months later...

Is the 'read only' version the only way to not allow end users (non-Filemaker) to delete events?

Our users will have calendars on their devices that we manage via FM, but I would like them to have the ability to delete some events from their personal calendar. No need for it to sync back to FM.

• Newbies
On 2/6/2019 at 7:52 AM, 3guk said:

Hey Nick,

Is there any way to get a read-only version that works in either outlook, outlook webaccess or Google Calendar - I don't think either support authentication.

The read-only version works perfectly in iCal but nothing else.

Thanks

James

I wanted a whole tranche of around 30 calendars that download via one CalDAV login so that the user only has to set them up once by registering with the server: but they needed to be read only.

By carefully working through the FileMaker permissions of the FileMaker user account used to access the calendars so that the payload fields were read only and only the Zulu control fields were modifiable I was able to achieve this.

Our local calendar software thinks the data is editable, but as soon as it tries to upload changes to the server it gets overwritten by the server's master copy of the data.

It works great!

This topic is 1526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.