Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Upgrade from 4 to 5

This topic is 1882 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi KoenK,

Updating from ScriptMaster 4 to ScriptMaster 5 is major framework update. If you are using ScriptMaster in a Mac environment it will now use Java 9 exclusively. There were some deprecated classes between 8 and 9 so if you are using any of those classes in your modules then you will need to rework them so that they will compile. On Windows the plugin will use Java 8 so I don't suspect that there will be any issues with having to rework modules. If you are not generating plugins with ScriptMaster then I recommend downloading and installing it and seeing if any issues arise. If so, then revert back to 4 until those issues can be resolved.  If you run into anything, please send an email to [email protected]

• Newbies
16 hours ago, marek said:

Support for Java 9 finished in March 2018. Is it possible to use Java 11 with SM 5.1?

Best Regards,

Marek

I'm a little bit confused in this also. because the say :

Version 5.02 (5/11/2017)
* No longer requires Java installation

To my reading, java is not needed anymore, I guess.

Cheers

Koen

21 hours ago, marek said:

Is it possible to use Java 11 with SM 5.1?

No, not currently. 

To my reading, java is not needed anymore, I guess.

I can see that this could be confusing. For clarification, a Java Runtime Environment is still required to run our plugins because they are written in Java. Our latest framework no longer requires that you install Java on your system. Rather, the plugin will download a sandboxed JRE that will only run when the plugin is enabled and does not require you to install it. 

This topic is 1882 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.