Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hidden from publishing

This topic is 1871 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good afternoon,

I have a client who has an issue with one of their solutions.

Within the File Sharing settings, the Peer-to-Peer sharing is On and the option to display on Host is disabled. I am certain that the P2P sharing needs to be off and that I DO want to have it 'visible' from the Host, so I will DISABLE this 'hide' setting.
The problem is that when I change these settings, and close the file, that the settings go back to what they were when I re-open. FMP users also get the Network Sharing error message when they first open the solution.  I have taken it off the FMS when changing these settings, tried a Recover, tried all sorts of things.

Has anybody encountered this problem before and might know what causes it to do this? Filemaker Tech Support even scratched their heads and have suggested doing a Recover, Clone Mode etc, but this did not fix it.

Greg

Hi Olger. 

lol - yes me again.

Yep - took it down off FMS, made changes then uploaded it again. Problem occurs even if I don't upload it again. If I were to guess, I would say that there was some sort of corruption in this file that reverted the settings back when the solution is opened.
I have tried this with other new, test solutions and not had the issue.

Vewwy vewwy strange!

This topic is 1871 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.