Export Database, Security, Valuelist and scripts from TEST FM to the Main FM????

This topic is 1763 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have both a TEST FM server and the Main FM server.  I have been working on the test server to create some new features in a database we run on FM.  Once those are tested there will be a, Layouts, Value lists, scripts and many other things...  I was wondering if there is an easy way to transfer the layouts and other devices to the Main server?  I that there is   "Sharing" under the file menu, but I am not sure if I can import just options that I have created?    Does anyone know an easy way to import new tested items into the main server?? Or am I going to have to re-type it all into the main server?

THANKS!

FM Migration tool allows you to easily migrate production data into a new version. There are commercial products that add file management and more to that tool. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies
On 4/13/2019 at 7:59 AM, bcooney said:

FM Migration tool allows you to easily migrate production data into a new version. There are commercial products that add file management and more to that tool. 

Hi there,  I am a interested to know more about this FM migration tool. But I feel its a bit complex to understand could you please help me know more about this.

• Newbies

🙂

Thank you so much Mr. Decorte,  I have gone through the shared site and that's really helpful. Everything about data migration is explained in a detailed manner over there, each step is given and rules for migrations are explained so clearly. Although at starting I felt it a little tough to understand, but now I got everything on my mind very clearly. One of my friends also suggested me to go to for cloud migration plan  and that too was of use. 

This topic is 1763 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.