Quicktime Display in Fm

This topic is 7979 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In theory, yes, I would think so.

Open the dictionary for QuickTime Player, and you will see a long list of properties for movie, one of which is duration, another of which is current time. I suppose that, in theory, you could thus have an applescript return the length of the movie, and the current time in the movie, thus giving you the two pieces of information neccesary to display this on the screen. Could you make this update dynamically and continously as the movie plays, like a counter? I guess, maybe, but the only way I can think is to have Filemaker running on pause, for a short period of time, and then running the applescript to update the field, in a loop, until the stop button is pressed, and this would not be terirbly good for performance.

In short, can you? Probably, if it was really important.

Is it worth it? Probably, not.

I'd say if its really that important that they see the timer, have the movie open Quicktime Player and play there, instead, and then, if you need the locale of the pointer, for some unknown reason, have a script update it in FM when Quicktime closes? But then I don't know what you need it for...

This topic is 7979 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.