Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Change the label in a popover button?

This topic is 1820 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I may be chasing rainbows, but is it possible to change the label/name inside a popover button using a variable (local or global)? I tried and failed, and was just wondering whether it's ignorance on my part of an available technique or it's just the way they are, i.e., statically assigned.

Thanks!

Rich

Edited by Rich
grammar police

Try <<$$YourVariable>> for the button name.  Basically anything you can insert with the insert menu, wrapped in <<  >> will work for the pop up button.

The title bar can be any variable or calculation, no << >> needed

Thanks, but no go: When I place the cursor in the empty field (inside the Popover Button Setup windoid) then choose Insert Merge Variable (in the Insert menu), a new object is created on the layout. Manually typing in <<$$YourVariable>> just uses the same text as button text. Rats.

I know about the title bar, but that appears once a user is "inside" the popover; I'd like to change the name of the popover button proper before a user clicks/touches it.

I suppose I could stack one popover over another but the contents of both would be nearly identical so I'd like to keep it single-layer to enhance simplicity. I could also make a bigger button but it would look clunky on the UI and I don't have much room to play with since the solution will be used on an iPad.

Edited by Rich

This topic is 1820 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.