ODBC scripts won't import

This topic is 7963 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution that requires 6 queries to get all the information I need from an ODBC server. I am using a prefs file to store the queries and a set field script step to add a global in the middle as a variable. If I run them 1 at a time (1 query per script) they work fine. If I use 1 main script and call them as subscripts 1 after another they skip the import step. Any ideas?

I don't know the answer to your problem but I do know this....

I have a similar situation. Our FM database runs a 'main syncrinize' script step that runs 4 subscripts, each subscript has an OBDC import script step in it. In my setup all does work as advertized.

So I know it can be done.

can you even run one OBDC import subscript from your main script?

jerry

Just a thought or something to think about. It's possible your main script is moving on to the next script step before the previous one is complete, or before your global is set properly. Trying putting a pause in between steps to see if that's the case.

Jerry,

Thanks for your reply. I have to go back to my clients to finish the work and I now know it can work. I will try running my developer edition to see if I can see what is happening and will try pausing between sub-scripts to see if that helps and try building it from the first sub up to see where it breaks.

Thanks for the encouragement.

This topic is 7963 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.