Removing orphan space at Page bottom

Wickerman

This topic is 1799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know I've solved this before but can for the life of me recall how.

I'm printing a sub-summary report, all good, but between the final record on a page and the Footer is a blank band of whitespace that goes unfilled because it's not large enough to fit the next record. I just want it to be the same color as the footer section.  Can someone remind me how?

orphanspace.thumb.jpg.e9af64ebabe80de3e030e667b26f0c1e.jpg

Try adding a trailing grand summary part to your layout. Give it the same fill color as your footer and reduce its height to minimum. 

--
P.S. I am unable to reproduce the problem as shown in your screenshot. For me, the blank space above the footer is filled with the fill color of the part above the footer.

Edited by comment

Hmmm.... not having any effect.  All my parts have solid fills -- black for the Headers and grey for everything else. Can you spot anything here?  I'm trying to open up all sorts of old file trying to find how I did this before, with no luck....  

The sub-summary text and horizontal rule are set to slide up . . .

layout.jpg

Edited by Wickerman

comment, thanks for the file.  So, in your file, when I go to the layout with no grand summary, it looks fine.  When I go to the layout with one it also looks fine -- if I change the grand summary to the same blue color, it previews just like the other one.

. . . but in my file, I've tried it both ways, and I still get that white gap above the footer.

AHA!  Mystery solved -- I'm doing a little work adding a few reports on a database just recently converted to .fmp12, and so it is in the 'Classic' theme.  When I change to a proper theme, the problem goes away, so this is just an artifact of that obsolete layout style. 

It's not a huge issue, we can live with the gaps for this report.  

This topic is 1799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.