Inventory counting

omnia

This topic is 1637 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am a canadian and I work with fmpAdvanced.

if you find a solution, I'd appreciate you contacting me.

<reply by private topic>

I am looking at a solution for inventory.  One important request is that they need to be able to calculate the inventory for previous dates.  E.g. the beginning of the quarter compared to today or this day last year.

My thoughts so far to be able to do this is to have an article file and a stock movements file, all values and quantities of stock will be held in the movements file.  Basically the last related record will be in the movements table will be current value, but we can also find the last related related record based on any date. 

Will this be a fast way to calculate or slow?  I don't want to start and then find things slow down on me too much.

After this I will also need to be able to age the stock.  

Edited by Ocean West
removed phone

• 3 months later...

I too am looking for a solution that can do the same.  We are offering a large Filemaker Project covering, Inventory, aftersales and article kits (making one article out of different articles).  There will be a large CRM content to this also. We are based in Ireland. 

I will probably hand the entire project over to whoever can manage it as I don't have the time to put into this project. It will need to work alongside a current sales entry system.

We can give you a lot more detail when we start this project together.

This topic is 1637 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.