Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pushing Purchase Orders

This topic is 1750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Does anyone have a sample file on how to push a Purchase Order? I am able to to populate the main portion of the PO but can only get it to add a single PO line item without an error. I am sure if I had a sample file I could reverse engineer what I am doing wrong. I am sure that I am not setting up the related record correctly or I am using the wrong nomenclature on the OSR (I find the OSR to be lacking in the type of specificity that I would like, particularly when trying to push data).

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello KylePMerck, 

Unfortunately, here at Productive Computing, we don't have a sample file on how to push a purchase order(add or modify).

However, if you could send us your xml, we would be more than happy to check it out and see where we can help you on this matter. 

-PCIPal

• Newbies

Here is my script.

Currently uses 2 tables [Purchase Orders & Purchase Order Items]

The section between the blue arrows is where i believe the issue lies.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

~KM

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 3.16.51 PM.png

I haven't used the plug-in functions as script steps, but the basic structure appears correct: AddRelatedRecord at the start and CloseRelatedRecord at the end of each iteration. Someone at PCI will have to weigh in on whether the script step parameters look right.

Is there an Error number/description returned when there's more than one Purchase Line Item, or do you mean it doesn't work correctly but no indication of why from the plug-in?

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

KylePMerck,

It looks as though you need to include the item ID in each lineitem specification. 

You may also want to see if you have any success trying with SetVariable calculations instead of using script steps. 

-PCIPal

I wondered about the lack of ItemRef, but presumed it was truly optional given Kyle's initial post that said it worked with a single PO LineItem.

I also presumed--despite never encountering one in 15+ years of FMP/QB integration projects--that his client has a valid reason for pushing PO records from FMP to QB. I've found that adding Sales and Purchase Orders to QB don't add much (if any) value for the client, and advocate pushing only the Invoices Vendor Bills to QB.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies
On 7/3/2019 at 8:28 AM, PCIPal said:

KylePMerck,

It looks as though you need to include the item ID in each lineitem specification. 

You may also want to see if you have any success trying with SetVariable calculations instead of using script steps. 

-PCIPal

This is my first time doing a QB integration. All I know about it comes from the PCI Training videos. In that they use script steps. Do you have a link/source for doing this outside of the script steps workflow I am currently using?

This topic is 1750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.