hi all, 

I was tasked to great a database so the sales team can take order while on the road, these ipad will be connected to the net at all time either with WiFi or Cell service. I am thinking of the following;

Server

1 - ERP will place a csv file in an FTP location, and server will import ever hour

iPad (where i am having issues on what to do)

2 - iPad will download or update the database via a button at will

Now i need to have the iPad or server place an csv file with the order on the the ftp server to i can have the ERP import the order.

To place the order i was thinking of using Filemaker GO place the file either on Dropbox or using an ftp (but cant find an FTP Plugin that works with FM GO

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rudy  

Edited by rudym88
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would create an FM Go app that can work offline and syncs with FMS, so that you don't have to rely on connectivity. After all, you can never be sure you get reception everywhere. Then create a manual sync whenever the salesperson has reception or when its convenient, and sync data back to the server (and pull new data).

The server can then take care of communication with the ERP system.

"To place the order i was thinking of using Filemaker GO place the file either on Dropbox or using an ftp (but cant find an email that works with FM GO "

That doesn't make sense. You don't need an email for either dropbox or ftp.

From what I’ve read it doesn’t seem that you appreciate that connecting to a hosted file via fmgo doesn’t require any downloads of data.

if you can rely on connectivity, then avoid sync. It’s not trivial. 

Csv imports are the only way to push/pull data from the erp system? No api?

20 hours ago, OlgerDiekstra said:

I would create an FM Go app that can work offline and syncs with FMS, so that you don't have to rely on connectivity. After all, you can never be sure you get reception everywhere. Then create a manual sync whenever the salesperson has reception or when its convenient, and sync data back to the server (and pull new data).

The server can then take care of communication with the ERP system.

"To place the order i was thinking of using Filemaker GO place the file either on Dropbox or using an ftp (but cant find an email that works with FM GO "

That doesn't make sense. You don't need an email for either dropbox or ftp.

Sorry I meant to say ftp plug-in 

Yes, due to a number of factors connectivity is not reliable. I have no option but to work with sync.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Greg58
      Hi.  I am creating a small app for my iphone but for some reason the keyboard will not display.  I have to press on the symbol (3 lines and an arrow) to display it.  I have tried all the different combinations but without success.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

• By Greg58
      Can someone help with this please.  I have tried all the combinations but my keyboard does not show automatically on the iPhone??

• By emncwundy
      I have two iPads connected to FM server. For some reason one ipad (5th Gen running 13.5) will not complete the navigation scripts and shows error messages (no records match this find criteria), however the 7th Gen running on 13.1.1 works fine..... Issue has only begun after purchasing the second, newer iPad. I cannot for the life of me work out what is wrong, or how to troubleshoot and would love some guidance please!! Here is a screengrab of one of the scripts and related layout:
      fm go script issue.tiff Orders iPad layout.tiff
    • By jeffreym9152
      Trying to display a pdf stored on the iPad AT A SPECIFIC PAGE NUMBER or 'DESTINATION'  tag within the  pdf document from FMGo.  I've tried both a Webviewer and Open URL call but the #page= and #destinationtag appended to the filepath (eg //MyFile.pdf#page=20) is ignored.  Any ideas how to open and display a  PDF at specific page?
    • By Brandan
      Hi Folks,
      This maybe a noob issue but I'm having a problem in Filemaker Go creating a PDF and inserting into a container field and then print to a mobile receipt printing.
      I can create the PDF in TemporaryPath which it does and add it to a container field, but the PDF is more than one page.  It needs to be only one page to print to the receipt printer.  If I do the same in Filemaker on my PC the PDF saves as one page as it should.  Example attached.
      Is this a limitation in FMGO ?  or am I missing something
      You help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
      Brandan

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    Joshua Willing Halpern  CHawk  agross  William Lindsay  villeglad  Kaiviti57  cbishop  thedbpro  swpEric 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.