hi all, 

I was tasked to great a database so the sales team can take order while on the road, these ipad will be connected to the net at all time either with WiFi or Cell service. I am thinking of the following;

Server

1 - ERP will place a csv file in an FTP location, and server will import ever hour

iPad (where i am having issues on what to do)

2 - iPad will download or update the database via a button at will

Now i need to have the iPad or server place an csv file with the order on the the ftp server to i can have the ERP import the order.

To place the order i was thinking of using Filemaker GO place the file either on Dropbox or using an ftp (but cant find an FTP Plugin that works with FM GO

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rudy  

Edited by rudym88

I would create an FM Go app that can work offline and syncs with FMS, so that you don't have to rely on connectivity. After all, you can never be sure you get reception everywhere. Then create a manual sync whenever the salesperson has reception or when its convenient, and sync data back to the server (and pull new data).

The server can then take care of communication with the ERP system.

"To place the order i was thinking of using Filemaker GO place the file either on Dropbox or using an ftp (but cant find an email that works with FM GO "

That doesn't make sense. You don't need an email for either dropbox or ftp.

From what I’ve read it doesn’t seem that you appreciate that connecting to a hosted file via fmgo doesn’t require any downloads of data.

if you can rely on connectivity, then avoid sync. It’s not trivial. 

Csv imports are the only way to push/pull data from the erp system? No api?

20 hours ago, OlgerDiekstra said:

I would create an FM Go app that can work offline and syncs with FMS, so that you don't have to rely on connectivity. After all, you can never be sure you get reception everywhere. Then create a manual sync whenever the salesperson has reception or when its convenient, and sync data back to the server (and pull new data).

The server can then take care of communication with the ERP system.

"To place the order i was thinking of using Filemaker GO place the file either on Dropbox or using an ftp (but cant find an email that works with FM GO "

That doesn't make sense. You don't need an email for either dropbox or ftp.

Sorry I meant to say ftp plug-in 

Yes, due to a number of factors connectivity is not reliable. I have no option but to work with sync.

Curl (Insert URL script step) supports ftp.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rich
      Greets, all:
      I'm confused: If you go to FileMaker's page concerning screen stencils (https://support.filemaker.com/s/article/Using-Screen-Stencils-to-design-iOS-friendly-layouts-using-FileMaker-Go-14-or-higher-1503693076890?language=en_US), it lists the Width x Heigh resolution settings for the iPad 10.5" (2018) as follows:
      Orientation Width Height (UI shown) Height (UI Hidden) Portrait 834 1004 1092 44 44 Landscape 1112 726 814 44 44 The thing is, the layout's right-hand border in the FM Go solution I'm building (using landscape only) is about a centimeter shy of the right side of the screen using the recommended 1112 width; however, it fills up nicely at 1200, so what am I missing between what FileMaker says is the recommended width and the width I'm trying?
      Also, I noticed that glyphs aren't showing up in date fields where you enable the calendar icon (at least in the desktop version.) 
      Cheers,
      Rich

• By Wickerman
      I have created a number of free-standing backgammon quizzing files in Filemaker for use on an iPad.  What I want is to allow people to go to my website on their ipads, click on a download button, and have the file imported to their device and open in Filemaker Go. Then they can use it on their own -- no connection to a hosted file is necessary, no further data updates to the file are needed.
      I am hosting the filemaker quiz files on Google Drive.  When I initially set this up, it was working fine - - and it still works fine if I try it on my desktop machine -- the file appears in my downloads file.  But one day I tried it, and the download no longer triggers -- I get stuck in a loop where I click 'download' on the google drive screen and nothing much happens.
      I have no idea what could have changed since August when I first set this up - - but it's just not working any longer.
      Can anyone suggest what's gone wrong, or how I might better navigate this simple need? Here's the web-page in question.  The Quiz files are at the bottom of the page.
      https://nebackgammon.org/index.php/bg-taskmaster/
      Just tap on one of the 'Taskmaster' images from your iPad to attempt a download.
      Albert 

• By Scrimshaw
      I have all of my credit card payment items in a file with fields for payment date and Reconciled. I enter the payments when I become aware of them and some are entered with a payment ahead of the actual date of entry. I wish to know what my actual bank balance is at any time which means subtracting items not reconciled. I make all entries on my iPhone as they occur and from time to time via Filemaker Go synchronise with my Mac. on the Mac I can run a script that sorts firstly by reconciliation and then by date ascending and this places the itms not yet reconciled at the end making easy to determine the actual bank balance. But when I synchronise that with my iPhone on Filemaker Go, the records are not synchronising in the same order as on the Mac. I would appreciate some help
    • By Answers
      Is it possible to take photos on your iPhone and in Filemaker Go select multiple images from  the camera roll and add them to the database all at once. It doesn't appear this is possible but I thought I'd throw it out there.
      Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
      Caroline
    • By Dimitrios Fkiaras
      Hello,
      I have a script with a single step, attached to a button.
      Step: Open URL: "prizmogo://x-callback-url/captureText?input=camera&ocr=el&x-success=fmp://$/MYFILE?/script=Dialogue"
      When I press the button, the Prizmo Go application fires up, I take a photo of the text, it recognizes it but the application stays open.
      I want to close the application and return the results to FileMaker. What am I doing wrong?
      Anyone?
      Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.