Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Displaying script results, but the numbers have no commas.

This topic is 1613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that is going through data and counting how many times a word shows up.  It is then taking that number and storing it to a global field.   My question it when I display that field, example $$Masters_degree_nursing , how do I have it display that number with commas in it?  

FM_WEBpageNotes.thumb.jpeg.32b8f74b83f5c49544c1d3191345a114.jpeg

FM_WEBpageNotes.jpeg.a19cb034a88f136e331aedbacc6c722e.jpegFM_WEBpageNotes.jpeg.a19cb034a88f136e331aedbacc6c722e.jpeg

This is how I have it showing the script results.  I which I new a better way to make it look like a spreadsheet or something with lines in there, like an Excel spreadsheet. 

FM_WEBpageNotes.jpeg.d2e9be5e2cf9e492bfb0cd0b51c49911.jpeg

If you have numeric variables merged in a text block, you can format the text block to display numbers as Decimal, with the option 'Use thousands separator' checked.

Note that the formatting will be applied to all numeric fields and variables merged in the same text block.

32 minutes ago, 1FilemakerMan said:

I which I new a better way to make it look like a spreadsheet or something with lines in there, like an Excel spreadsheet. 

Consider having a table with all the values you want to track. Then you just need to fill in the counts - either by script, or by counting related records.

Edited by comment

5 hours ago, 1FilemakerMan said:

This is how I have it showing the script results.  I which I new a better way to make it look like a spreadsheet or something with lines in there, like an Excel spreadsheet. 

USE inspector go to third tab called appearance there u can select the options as per ur need  to look like excel cells :)

This topic is 1613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.