Developing a Training CD

This topic is 7935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to develop a training CD for a solution. Lotus Screen Cam is supposed to capture the screen image with the mouse clicks and button pushes to a file, along with narration. You then can string up to 20 of these training session together, burn them to a CD and distribute them with the Screen Cam Player for no charge. Sounds good?

The product seems to be pretty much unsupported, and was designed for Windows 95 (yup, you read it right). I get the infamous blue screen evrytime I try to run it on Win 98 SE. Does anybody know of another product that has similar funtionality?

I'm already using Powerpoint and its viewer, but it doesn't even come close (PP is very static). If you are interested in a really great demo of what I'm trying to replicate, go to www.indigorose.com and look for their new click-n-learn CD. They make the Setup Factory installer which I use. They have a downloadable demo with some selected chapters. I conacted the guys who did the CD , but they wanted a fortune. They recommended Screen Cam, which they had used in the past. Now I think they use Macromedia.

Ah, I see. You want a menu-driven approach that can give you animation. You could certainly do that with Macromedia Flash or possibly C+ builder. I hope you have skills to pay the bills, those are some pretty hefty programs. Yes, PP is nothing like that.

Ken

This topic is 7935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.