Sharing files in kiosk mode...

This topic is 7913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using FM 4.0 and "bound" my files in kiosk mode. It seems that sharing and/or TCP/IP protocol is not supported in this mode...

Is there any other way that I can still run my files in kiosk mode while getting data from host files?

Furthermore, I noticed that in higher/newer versions of FM, the "binder" or kiosk is no longer being discussed. Is there other ways to eliminate the menu bar... as if running it in kiosk mode?

Kiosk is definately supported in later versions. I have 5.5 version and the kiosk works, altho I have found bugs which I believe have existed for awhile.

My solution doesn't require sharing, but it is my understanding that kiosk is single user standalone.

Is there other ways to eliminate the menu bar... as if running it in kiosk mode?

Nothing will give you as clean a look as kiosk. You can however get a plugin that will selectively remove menu items and whole menus. It's called Secure FM. See www.newmillennium.com

THANKS for the info...

By the way, I would like to ask you guys for I am having trouble in displaying DATE FIELDS. I am using an ARABIC ENABLED Windows 2000 O/S.

Date format B) dd-mmm-yy

It is accepting this format BUT doesn't display it correctly... "text characters"

I tried to SET SYSTEM FORMAT [OFF] but the format reverts to: mm-dd-yy

Are there any plug-in or support for arabic enabled o/s to display the date value correctly?... when you SET SYSTEM FORMAT [ON]

This topic is 7913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.