Tab Panels Adding fields to all panels a once

We have a layout that has multiple tab panels, I want to add a field in the same place in all the tab panels at once without clicking on each panel. It's probably simple but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Caroline

We have a lot tab panels with the same information on them and they are filtered. And I wanted to add 1 new field but that would be extremely time consuming, I was looking for a way to speed up the process.

There isn't.  But it sounds like there is an opportunity to change the design a little.  If you find that many fields are repeated across the panels then add them outside the tab panel object so that you don't need to repeat it.  Resize the tab panel and use it only for those pieces of information that are different.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Wim Decorte said:

There isn't.  But it sounds like there is an opportunity to change the design a little.  If you find that many fields are repeated across the panels then add them outside the tab panel object so that you don't need to repeat it.  Resize the tab panel and use it only for those pieces of information that are different.

The problem is the fields are repeated for each tab panel and they need to be, they are filtered to display for each item (in this case Chimney/Appliance)

I interpret what you're saying to mean that the fields are in the portal row and that you have many portals that are similar, but perhaps based on different context? Maybe post a screen shot showing two portals?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By LaRetta
      In prior versions, we could 'scroll' through our layouts in LayoutMode using the record indicator.  It also displayed the number of layouts.  That seems to have gone to cyber heaven.  Does anyone know of a shortcut I can add on my Mac to the Application shortcuts to move through the layouts?  Or am I just not spotting that functionality yet?  😀

Hey Stephen!  Thank you for adding all the cool emoticons to FMForums!  
    • By raymanj
      I was wondering how to change the colors of tab panels.  For example the onyx theme, the tab panel content area has a different color than the tab panel title headers.  The active panel's content area is a dark gray while the title part has a black background color with light gray text.  I can see how to change the text color and the fill color for the content area, but not the background color of the title area of each tab.
      Can anyone point me in the correct direction in the inspector pan under appearances?
      Filemaker 14 adv

• By innodat
      Has anyone come across this behavior? See image attached... it appears that WebDirect is unable to render objects placed in the tab area of a tab panel.
      Any ideas/recipes/workarounds?

• By crayfish
      As a general question, I'm curious if there are any guides to setting up Filemaker development on a Mac to minimize mouse usage?

And more specifically...

When you open the Set Variable Options window, is there a keyboard shortcut to open up the Specify Calculation window?  I can TAB over and highlight "Specify..." but if I press Return, it just clicks the "OK" button.

And that question relates to all Filemaker windows that have buttons on them.  Pressing return only executes the default button, regardless of whether or not another button is highlighted using TAB.  Any general solution for this so I don't have to keep reaching for the mouse?

Also... is there a keystroke to highlight the Data Viewer or Script Debugger?  Command-Tilde only switches been database windows.
    • By Arthos
      Hi everyone,

Here is my issue : I would like to create a runtime solution that :
       - would be shown full screen (completely full screen, without the menu bar, like Chrome or Firefox full screen options)
      and
       - would work with keyboard shortcuts (actually the user should be able to launch some scripts : command + 1 for example)

I thought about 2 solutions (which don't work) :
       - creating a "normal" runtime solution but I can't find how to remove the menu bar (for going full screen)
      or
       - creating a Kiosk runtime solution but then I can't use the keyboard

Would you have a solution ?

Phil

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.