Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Issue with multipart e-mails ?

This topic is 1382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I'm using FileMaker Pro Server 18 and Email plugin 3.3.

When sending multi-part e-mails, the same text in the body is displayed twice. After checking the e-mail source, I wonder if there could be an issue with multipart e-mails, as the email quite normally contains the several parts : one is "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable" and the second one is "Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit". The parts are introduced by the tag "------=_Part_[some random number]". But depending on the e-mail program I use, the body is displayed twice :

- Apple Mail 13.4

- Webmail from Infomaniak (a swiss hosting company)

With the following e-mail programs, the body is NOT displayed twice :

- Gmail app on my smartphone (version 2020.03.15.302138189)

- Webmail from Bluewin (a swiss hosting company)

So, is it a bug in the e-mail programs or do the e-mails sent by the Email plugin contain an issue that some e-mail programs can handle, and other not ?

Any thought on this would be appreciated,

Thanks

Nicolas Blanc

• 2 months later...

Hi Nicolas,

I apologize for the late reply. If this is still an issue, I'd like to try to reproduce on my end. Could you please create a simple solution that can reproduce the behavior? It should include your e-mail body and the script to send the email?. You can leave the SMTP settings blank as I will apply my own. You can either attach it to this thread or user our support file upload service(https://360works.com/upload/). If you use the latter, please include in your description my name and the link to this thread.

This topic is 1382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.