Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't Save a PDF File - Error Received (have pic)

This topic is 1442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is the weirdest thing.  I use a script to produce a collection of PDF'd reports that go into a specific folder, which is identified in the script.  There are 31 reports that are produced by this script.  Of those, only one won't save.  The error message below is for another script that is getting the same error message.   That one file contains all 31 reports.

I have no problems with space.  I have tried different names for the file.  The only thing that is a mystery to me is the part in the error that says, "unlock it."  I have no idea what "it" the message is referring to.  I wouldn't know how to lock a disk, and the other files were able to access the same disc successfully.  I even tried a different drive and got the same message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

CHSS Reports Error Message - FMP 05-14-20.JPG

The most common reason for this type of error message is invalid path. We don't see how this path is created and what exactly it looks like contains, so ...

Edited by comment
It may look fine, but contain invisible characters.

Ok, somehow I managed to figure out what was causing the problem.  It seems very obscure to me, though.  I had an incorrect sort field in a script that affects these two reports.  It doesn't really make sense to me, but at least my problem is resolved!

Thank you for trying to help me. I'm just happy the scripts are working now!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.