Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS19 Centos Linux

This topic is 1447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there. I successfully installed FMS19 on Centos 7.7 and it runs really smoothly. I tried to install 360works scriptmaster plugin from the cloud version, but I am getting this error:

May 22 13:32:52 centos-7 kernel: fmsased[2712]: segfault at ffffffffffffffff ip 00007f04dc4a56d5 sp 00007f04df7fcfd0 error 7 in 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmx[7f04dc3f0000+103000]

Are in general the cloud version plugins runnable on the linux version? Also MBP also? Any suggestions. Sure, I will get also in contact with 360 to clarify.

As MacOS is really Darwin, I tried installing the 360works MacOS plugins. Of course, that also did not work - I guess all the path references must be different. 

I cannot imagine 360works would drop the ball and NOT support the linux version. 

However, and shouts out to Jesse @360works, I did find 360works release email yesterday a bit misleading as it announced that all plugin versions are compatible with Filemaker 19 - when they are clearly not compatible with FMS19 for CentOS. 

My guess is the guys over @360works will release new versions within days. 

I am not subscribing to the turf wars as to which OS is better. I could not care less. What I do care about is that Apple won't let you legally install MacOS on industrial grade server hardware - so how am I supposed to run FMS natively. That's my main reason why I need the Linux version up and running, to unleash the full, unvirtualized power of my shiny new rackmounted hardware without having to deal with Windows' overhead. 

Edited by DataCruncher

This topic is 1447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.