Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"Insert from URL" - Error 1 in certain cases - SOLVED

This topic is 1401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

SOLVED! I tried to insert the file in a container field in a portal. As it seems, PSOS has an issue with "Insert from URL" into a container field in a portal. PSOS is now using a different layout with a flat hierarchy. 

I have this strange thing when I insert a PDF from URL ("Insert from URL" script step) while "perform script on server" I get error code 1 ("User canceled action"). 
This is strange, as I do not consistently get the error.

In my case, I am exporting an invoice to PDF (Save records as PDF) to a path, and then convert the path to a URL and insert the PDF from the URL.

Please note that in either case, PSOS or local, the sub-scripts go to their respective layouts to read/write data.

I trigger this whole process from various locations within the application:

1. when I trigger it from within my Invoices layout, it works well as PSOS and run locally. No errors. 

2. When I trigger it from a different layout, it works well when run locally, but when I run it as PSOS, I get error code 1 upon "Insert from URL". 

I have plenty of error checking and reporting and report all parameters back and just can't find what's going on. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you. 

Edited by jschudel

This topic is 1401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.