java.lang.NullPointerException error message

This topic is 1270 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I recently upgraded from Filemaker 15 to filemaker 19. I am trying to use the 360email plugin which has worked great in the past however it now gives me error messages when trying to send out an email with it . the error message I receive is java.lang.NullPointerException.

I would appreciate if you could help me out with this .

Hello,

Typically nullpointer errors happen because a null value is being provided to a plugin function. I'm happy to take a look at your plugin logs to see if I can discern from that what is happening. Please reproduce the issue and then send your logs to [email protected]. See this page for log locations. 

• 4 months later...

@ryan360works

Getting this when I disconnect but the file has already disconnected...

Is there something I can read to get the connected status as this is a system/plugin dialog which is a tiny bit annoying..

thanks

john

Hi John,

You can check the connection status of the plugin with either EmailInboundIsConnected (IMAP) or EmailOutboundIsConnected (SMTP). Both return 1 if connected, 0 if not. Do you know what function is throwing the null pointer?

The issue seems to be that if I call EmailDisconnect when it is already disconnected I get the null pinter error - unless I have set error capture on, in which case Get ( lastexternalerrordetail) gives me back the null pointer...

We may not be handling that exception in the code, I'll create an issue for it in our issue tracking system. For the time being, I would add the check for connection status and call the disconnect function if connected =1

This topic is 1270 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.