LABELS WITH AN INCREASING COUNTER

This topic is 1382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I need to create labels in DIN A5 size with the intention of printing two labels in each DIN A4 paper size.

One of our customers wants to mark the number of each package delivered. For example.... If I send 20 packages, the intention is to create 20 labels in 10 "DIN A4" papers. All are similar with the exception of a counter. The counter should change, for example for 36 to 56; the next time from 57 to 77, 78 to 98 ...

I'd love to be capable of putting the initial number of the first package in one field and the last number on another field and automatically to print the required number of DIN A4 papers with the incremental counter in each label.

Is this posible?

Thank you very much.

This is difficult to understand. What exactly is a "package"? Do you have a record for each package? If not, you should have a table of Labels, with enough records to print any number of labels you may require (and a script to create more if needed). Then, when it's time to print say 20 labels, create a found set of 20 records in the Labels table and print them. For the counter, you can use an unstored calculation field =

gCounterStart + Get ( RecordNumber ) - 1

where gCounterStart is a global field. 

If you need to remember the counter's position for the next time you print, you will need to store it in a regular field somewhere - which brings us back to the first question.

I don't see what the paper size has to do with this. 

• Newbies
13 hours ago, comment said:

This is difficult to understand. What exactly is a "package"? Do you have a record for each package? If not, you should have a table of Labels, with enough records to print any number of labels you may require (and a script to create more if needed). Then, when it's time to print say 20 labels, create a found set of 20 records in the Labels table and print them. For the counter, you can use an unstored calculation field =

gCounterStart + Get ( RecordNumber ) - 1

where gCounterStart is a global field. 

If you need to remember the counter's position for the next time you print, you will need to store it in a regular field somewhere - which brings us back to the first question.

I don't see what the paper size has to do with this. 

Hi Comment,

Thank you for your help… here I'm attaching a “model.pdf”  for the labels… here you can see how my intention is to print two labels in the same paper.

The Box number XXXX should increase one by one…. I’m asking the possibility of using ONE layout with DIN A4 size paper (and two labels included)

… and, for example, If I put in two fields:

“from XXXX to XXXX+20”

Filemaker is capable of printing these 10 papers with 20 labels included where the counter has been increasing?.

Thanks.

Model.pdf

Edited by Ixel

I think you are mixing two unrelated issues: (1) you need a record for each label, and (2) you want to print two records per page. The 2nd issue is a matter of building a layout where one record fits exactly half of a page. You could cheat a bit by making the record a little shorter and forcing a page break after every 2 records.

• Newbies
1 hour ago, comment said:

I think you are mixing two unrelated issues: (1) you need a record for each label, and (2) you want to print two records per page. The 2nd issue is a matter of building a layout where one record fits exactly half of a page. You could cheat a bit by making the record a little shorter and forcing a page break after every 2 records.

Well, I think that It could be useful. I'll try it.

Thank you very much.

This topic is 1382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.