Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Going from 12 to 18

This topic is 1373 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get some answers.

First, I get all the updates but been using FM12. Ready to switch. I had all the downloads but I need some king of key file for 18 server and the link disappeared. Now we're stuck

Second. Once we somehow create the new FM 18 server, Can I move my files slowly by having FM12 and FM18 on each workstation at the same time and use whichever I need? I would need the 12 until I update all workstations and move all server 12 files over. Am I making any sense?

Need help quick, pleaaaase!

Mike

You will need to contact Claris to get your link sent to you so you can download your License Certificate

No - this is called a crash upgrade You will need to have a dedicated FMS 19 server with no prior version installed.

Clients users version can only be 1 generation prior  ie 18 can connect to 19 but 17 cannot. 

Okay, I finally got a server 18 up and running. I'm moving files from my 12 server over. I went to databases and made a few subfolders in which I put the files. However, when I go to the host, it shows me all the files but not the subfolder name. This organized it better in 12. Is there a way?

This topic is 1373 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.