Image Import and Sharing Help

This topic is 7933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello!

I'm using Filemaker 6 in a Mac OS 9.x environment and I have been having trouble sharing images in a container field over a local network. Using Filemaker's Folder import fuction, I've been successfully importing images (just as a reference) into the database. They are all in a static shared folder, that everyone using the database has access to. However, when I mount the shared folder on another computer and then try to view the images in the respective records, I either get the "Cannot Draw Picture" error or just a black field. Yet I know the information is there, as I have a calculation field that tells me whether the field is empty...

I'm kind of lost... any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Check to see if all the machines you are trying to view the images have claris translators installed.

You should have a folder called "Claris" in your System folder which should contain the "Claris Translators" Folder and "Claris XTND System" file.

Also check for extensions called "XTND Power Enabler" and "XTND Translator List".

• Newbies

Yes... I don't know what to make of it. I didn't mention that I'm using 6.0 Unlimited. That wouldn't make a difference would it? Also, I'm the the new Folder import option as well. I don't know. Looking at the field that I imported the file path to, it looks fine... i.e. "File://FILEMAKER IMAGES/THUMBNAIL VIEW/02_0719_Photographs/t1973_22_21.tif", where "FILEMAKER IMAGES" is the mounted volume/shared folder. Thank you for your quick response.

Alex

• Newbies

I checked for those files on the computer with which I'm trying to view the images and they were all there. Thanks for the tip though...

Another thought, it couldn't have to do with the fact that they are tifs could it? and not jpegs or some other image type??

This topic is 7933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.