Clean Uninstall (Remove Licence) - SOLVED

Hoping someone might have the answer to this. I have two new copies of FM19. I installed on 2 machines (Catalina) but like an idiot accidentality used the same licence key on both machines.

Not a problem I thought, just trash the app on one machine and delete the <home>/Library/Preferences/com.filemaker.client.pro12.plist  then reinstall and enter the second key (as per Claris instructions).

But no! each time I reinstall it does NOT ask me for the licence key but automatically picks up the originally entered key.

So I am kind of stuck. Does anyone know what other files need to be removed for a truly clean uninstall because clearly trashing the app and the preference are not what is needed to clear out the licence key?

Edited by mikeytt
13 hours ago, Ocean West said:

Best way to uninstall

/Users/Shared/FileMaker/FileMakerPro/19.0/uninstall.sh

PERFECT!! Just removing that folder /Users/Shared/FileMaker resets the licence so on re-opening of FM it presents you with the TRIAL / BUY / ENTER LICENCE option again. No actual need to uninstall.

• mikeytt changed the title to Clean Uninstall (Remove Licence) - SOLVED

just note too in 19 you should be able when it is closed to drag and drop your real certificate on to the app icon it should update to reflect that new certificate.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By fousthvk
      Does anyone know how to do this? calling the "generate as configured" script stacks the script that gets called after the webveiwer is set at the end of the primary script, there for only the last record in the found set of the loops actually has the image file created and saved to the container field.
    • By bgscott
      Recently converted a FM application from V6 to V19.  The application will run on FM server.  Very new to FM19
      Questions related to temporary path
      I have scripts that exports data to 3 temporary fm12 files.  Two of the temp files hold data that is them imported to other files and one of the temp files holds data for a lookup in another file.
      dhistory imports data from dtemp
      rhistory imports data from rtemp
      vendors looks up data from vtemp
      The temp files are fm12 files
      Questions
      1.  I would like to have the temp files sent to the temporary path on the users computer.  I have not been able to correctly specify the output path to send the temporary files to the temporary folder on the users computer.  This is one attempt: get(temporarypath) & dtemp but this does not sentd the file to the temporary folder
      2.  Once I get the correct syntax to save the temporary files in the temporary folder, how do I tell the import records script step where to find the temporary files?  What is the correct way to point to the file so it would work on any users computer?
      3.  Vendors file performs a relookup in vtemp, so I need a relationship between vtemp table, located in temporary folder, and vendor table.  How do I specify the location of vtemp so it can be found on any users computer?
      Once the script finish running the temporary files are no longer needed and it is my understanding that the temporary files will be deleted when the Filemaker session is closed.
    • By milky
      Hi All,
      Just had a look at the new Add-ons in Fm19.
      Is there a way to make the timer work in reverse.
      i.e. Start from a field (Timer::TimeLength) that a user can input, so that the specified time of say 30:00 will run down to 0:00
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Regards

Milton.
    • By BostonFM
      I am trying to script an import of three worksheets in the same Excel file. The 3 geographical regions worksheets are not structured the same, i.e. field name rows are not in the same place and are named differently.
      The script runs but stops to ask which worksheet to process.
      How do I create a variable/parameter in the script for it to proceed sequentially from worksheet 1-3 without stopping?
      Thanks
      DA
    • By SupportGuys89
      Hello Fellow FM'ers!
      We have been testing Linux and everything has been great, but we are having issues with the authentication via web direct using Windows Federated Services. We followed the steps in the available documentation "Addendum4_ADFS.pdf" and also used "ExtendOAuth_v1.pdf" to get the AD-FS rules configured as well as the necessary admin console requirements (Client Key, Shared Key etc...) We do see the following on attempting to login to our solution:

And when we click on the AD FS Option we do receive a login prompt from our Federated Services:

However, even with the correct credentials we still see the following error message:

We have reviewed the logs within AD-FS and no errors are reported and the credentials are passed as expected. Within our solution and Active Directory, we also ensured the user is in the correct group to access our solution via webdirect. I will gladly provide more details into the configuration of AD-FS or FM Admin Console, but these all match the documentation provided by Claris. 
      We went a bit further and got an inhouse developer to take a look and test the flow and he was able to confirm the following:
      Our Endpoints are setup correctly and can be viewed internally @"https://INTERNALADFS/adfs/.well-known/openid-configuration" Initial request  was tested with "https://oidcdebugger.com/"  Postman was then used to test once we received a response. Decoding the jwt received with "https://jwt.ms/"
        The JWT had a unique_name, an email, and a groups array with one of the values in that group array being the group that is set up in the Filemaker solution.   With that said, we are not sure what the next step would be to test this as we appear to be seeing all the correct information in our testing yet we still are not being "authenticated" in our solution. I have also opened a ticket with FIleMaker and no luck as of yet. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!  
  • Who Viewed the Topic

13 members have viewed this topic:
    Ron Cates  adoe  Cable  dwdata  djc728  mr_vodka  Wim Decorte  doughemi  Fitch  _ian  Jalz  Ocean West  schotja 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.