Sign in to follow this  
kenneth2k1

Alternatives to Troi File

Hello friends

My trial period using the Troi File plug in has expired and I am considering buying it. But before I do, I was wondering if there was a way to get multiple images (or any file, for that matter) into FM? I really like the File plugin, but all I really need to do is import multiple images into fm at one time.

I have 5.5 on Mac/Win platforms. Thanks everyone.

Ken

You could upgrade to FileMaker 6.0 but you will not have the flexiability that Troi File Provides.

Thanks for the reply.

The funny thing is that I bought FM Dev 5.5 about 1 and 1/2 months before 6 came out (paid $499).

I would need only 2 Troi licenses, so I guess I will do that. Thanks

Ken

You might check, the license is mostly by the machine. If you have 7 version of FM on one machine (like I do) you don't usually need seven licenses.

-bd

If your main interest is importing multiple images, an alternative would be DialogMagic from New Millennium Communications:

http://www.newmillennium.com/

Thanks for the link, Ray. Although the DialogMagic plugin looks helpful, I am already familiar with Troi File and it is cheaper per license.

Ken

Not a problem, Ken, just thought I'd make the suggestion, as you were looking for alternatives...

BTW, if you were in the market for an x-plat developer license, rather than per-machine licenses, the pricing structures are such that DialogMagic is in fact cheaper.

Cheers,