Error: "You must call EmailConnectSMTP before using this function"

This topic is 1243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone!

We have been working with a system since the beginning of the year and we implemented a 360Works Email Plugin in order to send emails with PDFs attached (sometimes 6 PDFs). It works fine, actually, we have been working with this plugin for years and everything has been fine until now.
One of our customers is contacting us and reporting this error constantly, it says "You must call EmailConnectSMTP before using this function". The thing is that it has been very difficult for me to solve this problem and I don't know what to do anymore. It's supposed that I call that function all the time before starting a new email. 

Also, I can't catch the error because the system sends the email without a problem and the plugin doesn't give an error as an answer on the function, it's only this annoying Pop-up that bather our customers. 

Please can you explain to me the reason for this error or how can I fix it if it happened to somebody before?

Best regards!

Code Implementation

Hey Francisco,

The quickest way to figure out what's going on would be to get a hold of our plugin logs for a user that is experiencing this issue. Assuming your scripts are being called client-side and users have the plugin installed, we would want one of them to send us logs immediately after getting that pop up. Our logs document plugin functions as they're being executed, so by examining the order in which functions are being called, we should be able to figure out the problem. Usually when we see this error, it indicates that you're trying to perform outgoing e-mail functions before actually connecting to your outgoing mail server.

If the plugin functions are scripted to work on server, then please send the logs file you see in the ../FileMaker Server/Logs/360Plugin Logs directory to [email protected].

I'll attach documentation users can leverage to send us logs automatically. If they go through the automatic workflow, please have them include your name and email in the bug report so we'll know to respond to you. If you end up sending the logs manually, please send them directly to [email protected] and we'll take a look. Please make sure the issue is reproduced immediately before sending logs to ensure we're capturing the error.

Automatic Log Sending: http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Send_us_logs

Manual Log Retrieval: http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Plugin_log_files

Thanks,

Junior Perez

360Works Developer

• Newbies

Hello, I got the Log file, and it says:

"nov 01, 2020 10:07:34 P.M. com.prosc.fmkit.Plugin setLastError
GRAVE: PluginFunction PluginFunction{name='EmailSend', minArgs=0, maxArgs=-1} got an error with converted args [null]
You must call EmailConnectSMTP before using this function"

Now, what would be the next step?

360Works_Email_FMPro.log

Also, I Already sent the Report Error...

This topic is 1243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.