Location of Archive Folder

Gary Reimer

This topic is 1262 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In the wiki it states that:

Every time that you run a deployment, 360Deploy will put a copy of the previous production database into a timestamped directory in the FileMaker Server documents directory. .......You can find the archive folder at:
Mac:
/Library/360Works/Applications/MigrationBackups

Reading the wiki I thought it meant that the previous production database would be put into:
/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents

When I look into /Library/360Works/Applications/MigrationBackups as a user I don't have access to the file or folder contents.

Could you clarify? Thanks. 

Hi Gary,

I want to be sure I answer your question correctly.  It sounds like you are able to locate the folder, but there is a permissions issue preventing you from accessing the folder.  To set the permissions for a folder on a Mac, you can right click the folder. On the pop up menu, select "Get Info". On the new window that opens, there will be a lock in the bottom right corner. Click on the lock, and you will be asked to put in your username and password.  This is not the 360Deploy username and password, this is your computer username and password.

After this, you can use the menu at the bottom of the Info window to adjust the permissions to allow you to access the folder.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions please let us know. You can also submit a ticket to our support team from our website at https://360works.com/support.html

-Julie

Thanks Julie. I should have tried that before sending in the question. I thought maybe there was something special about that folder and it's contents and I shouldn't mess with it.

But since I have your attention, I had one other question. A year ago or so someone was asking about value lists. I understand that they are not changed by the dev files, but was wondering if that only applied to value lists with constants that users can edit? Or does this apply to all value lists?

Thanks.

Hi Gary,

It never hurts to ask and be sure! It is the case of all value lists and user accounts that they will come from the prod file, not the dev file. It may seem a little strange, but this is the preferred method to protect your prod file's accessibility.  You can make changes to value lists or user accounts in your prod file, and the next time you deploy those will be merged into the dev file as well, so that the dev file will then match the prod.

-Julie

This topic is 1262 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.