Field height changes when selected in Browse mode.

This topic is 1204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a regular text field with a height of 20 px in Layout mode. In Browse mode that height is respected. But when I select the field, the height seems to triple and a blue border is added. How do I get rid of this behavior? No doubt it has to do with the stupid Themes thing, but how do I edit that? And is there a way to completely remove the Themes/Styles from a database? This feature has zero usable themes as they are ALL UGLY. I create a nice pro look and copy paste fields, Filemaker Themes/Styles s*ck.

Edited by Don_Macaroni

5 hours ago, Don_Macaroni said:

the height seems to triple

A demo showing the problem would be useful.

I don't think there is a way to "completely remove the Themes/Styles from a database". If you know how to "create a nice pro look" then why don't you create your own theme? And frankly, no one likes to read a rant.

Criticizing ugly stock themes is not necessarily ranting, but cancel culture responses aside - I found what I overlooked. Coming from an older version I am was not very familiar with Themes/Styles and did not know that you had or could format 'Hover', 'Pressed' and 'In Focus' as well. Having duplicated a stock Theme, the formatting I changed in 'Normal' mode did (logically) not update the other 3 modes. So to explain the issue, in 'In Focus' mode the field had the stock padding applied (where I changed the default to 0 padding), hence the field growing when selected.

Anyway, solved...

screen.jpg.056a3714712ff5da9c7f63712ea897b6.jpg

This topic is 1204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.