Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scripting import from .fmp12 using update fields and matching names ?

This topic is 1107 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello!

I'm trying to properly script importing a daily database into a master database.

Everything in the script I have currently works just fine, except for the import step.

I want to:

arrange by matching names
update matching records in found set
add remaining data as new records
and I want to set my matching field to the UUID in my database.
dialog off

I've found that when importing via script, filemaker doesn't really let you do "matching names" and set the matching field.

I've resorted to setting the script to use Last Order and manually importing a sample file before I do a batch of imports via script. Kind of a pain, and not a solid solution for me to share with my coworkers.

ANY help is appreciated!

• Newbies

I share your pain on this issue.  In my case the best I have managed is to open a test file, match up the fields as required (using Last Order or Matching Names as appropriate) and then switching the dropdown to "Custom Order" before saving to the script.  This works for me as the fields in my imported file are always in the same order - except that one of the fields in the imported file is optional but I have that as the last field so it doesn't mess up the positions of the previous fields if it is not included.

5 hours ago, Tim Saunders said:

I share your pain on this issue.  In my case the best I have managed is to open a test file, match up the fields as required (using Last Order or Matching Names as appropriate) and then switching the dropdown to "Custom Order" before saving to the script.  This works for me as the fields in my imported file are always in the same order - except that one of the fields in the imported file is optional but I have that as the last field so it doesn't mess up the positions of the previous fields if it is not included.

I've essentially done the same thing as a workaround. But I'm trying to share this solution with colleagues who are working on their own projects, which may require them to add, remove, or change various fields.

If there was some way to simply keep it as "matching names" and "matching field" it would be simple and would always work regardless of what they changed.

Not sure if I'm missing something, or if scripting imports is just super flawed...

This topic is 1107 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.