Button to navigate to next value in a Value List

This topic is 1088 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All,

I have simple layout with a value list. This is a conditional value list that is changed based on a selection in the preceding field.

I basically want to create a simple "Next" button to go to the next value in a Value List and I can't think of a way to do this. I am playing with GetValue and ValueListItems but can't find a way to assess the current value of the field and then add a +1 to go to the next value. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

This is a little difficult to understand. If (as it seems) you have a field formatted as a drop-down list (or a pop-up menu), and you want to calculate the value that is next in the value list relative to the currently selected value, you could do something like:

Let ( [
listOfValues = ValueListItems ( "" ; "YourValueList" ) ;
i = ValueCount ( Left ( listOfValues ; Position ( ¶ & listOfValues & ¶ ; ¶ & YourField & ¶ ; 1 ; 1 ) ) )
] ;
GetValue ( listOfValues ; i + 1 )
)

Note that if YourField is empty or contains a value that is not in the value list, the result will be the 1st value in the value list. If YourField contains the last value in the value list, the result will be empty. If you prefer, this behavior can be changed to cycling over the value list by changing the last line to:

GetValue ( listOfValues ; Mod ( i ; ValueCount ( listOfValues ) ) + 1 )

• Thanks 1

This topic is 1088 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.