Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using Plastic to obtain AVS code

This topic is 1081 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is there a way to retrieve an AVS code using a transaction ID?  We run transactions as authorization only and it would be helpful to have the AVS code as a last check before charging and shipping. I see CCLastAVS but am wanting a function that takes a transaction ID as an input.

Hi Henry,

Assuming you are using Authorize.Net as your payment gateway, when calling CCProcessPayment, you should retrieve the Transaction ID back when the payment is successful. You can call CCProcessPayment in a calculation with the Set Variable script step, then use that variable to store the result. If that result is a successful transaction, you should then call CCLastAVS immediately after, and store the result. You can write the AVS code to a field or record along with the Transaction ID, to associate the two together. 

Then before capturing the authorized payments, you would check the AVS code field to see if you want to proceed with the transaction.

Nick
360Works

• Newbies

Hi Nick, thanks for your response.  The problem is that we take credit card authorizations through our WooCommerce webstore and then import the orders into our FileMaker database. The import has the transaction ID but not the AVS code.  When we're ready to ship we use Plastic to run the charge on the existing authorization. I understand your idea but if I process the payment and then use CCLastAVS it seems like it's too late since now the charge is captured before I can even check the AVS code. I can certainly void it after capturing it if I don't like the AVS code but I was hoping to have a way to test the AVS code before actual attempting to charge the authorization (which we did not obtain through the Plastic transaction process).

Henry,

Thanks for the additional information.

Since you aren't using Plastic to run the initial authorizations, you won't be able to get the AVS Codes for those transactions using Plastic. We could potentially try to add the functionality to receive the AVS status using a previous Transaction ID to Plastic, which would be custom work at our rate of $185/hr. If you are interested in a meeting to get a quote on that, I can let our project manager know.

Another method you could try is have your webstore store the AVS information when running the authorizations, although I am not familiar with WooCommerce.

This topic is 1081 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.