Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Any red flags upgrading to 19 from 14 cwp

This topic is 1066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey there ... has anyone experienced any issues when upgrading their server to 19 from an earlier version (in my case 14) when it comes to functionality of their existing CWP solution? Any functions that have been deprecated? Relatively simple solution (finds, adds, edits, etc). Thanks for any info. 

I was not able to successfully upgrade to 19 server, I had to go revert to 18. 19 is just different for server, i e. 19 as a client is just fine. My current set up is 18 server and clients ranging from 16 through 19.

Edited by ggt667

You weren't able to because your CWP solution wouldn't work after upgrading? Did you isolate a particular issue or issues?

No, I did not decipher the issues. The issues encountered were FileMaker scripts in a multi user environment. I had nothing to do with CWP, I have do XML exports and imports to PostgreSQL where most others would use CWP / DATA API. I use CWP for signaling; changing statuses, and submitting documents. This part I was ready to revise, however this was not the deal breaker.

That said the solution was built in FileMaker 2 and upgraded well until 18, and may or may not suffer from this alone.

Script steps not being executed in the same sequence as listed in the script.

Edited by ggt667

This topic is 1066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.