"Save Records as PDF" onto a NAS Mapped Drive

This topic is 1051 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My Filemaker 18 Pro application files (.fmp12) are physically located on a NAS mapped drive W:.  The application itself is running on the drive C:, accessing the fmp12 files from the W: NAS.

I would to execute the Script step  "Save Records as PDF" and specify a "filewin:<output filename>". This works perfect if I'm saving files on the drive C:,  with "filewin://SERVER_NAME/share_name/Users/Joe/Documents/test.pdf".  I would love to specify a filewin: to a place on the Mapped NAS W: drive but can't get it to work. I've tried every possible combination I can think of but FM will not save the records there.

Any suggested solution?  Native or even with a plugin?

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll watch carefully for that issue, but I am trying to read/write files on a Synology NAS from a C:FM Application. The NAS is mapped as drive W: on the PC.  Is there a way I can specify file paths via filewin: and imagewin: so that FM will import or write a PDF or XLS file to the NAS?

Thanks,

Joe

1 minute ago, Joe Germann said:

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll watch carefully for that issue, but I am trying to read/write files on a Synology NAS from a C:FM Application. The NAS is mapped as drive W: on the PC.  Is there a way I can specify file paths via filewin: and imagewin: so that FM will import or write a PDF or XLS file to the NAS?

Thanks,

Joe

I maent to say PDF or JPG files.

I don't know the answer to your question, but this is what I would try:

Place a file on the NAS drive, in the location to where you want to save your exported file. Insert this file into a container field, as reference only. Observe the path to the inserted file as created by Filemaker. Use a path with this structure to export your file.

On 5/28/2021 at 6:50 PM, Joe Germann said:

FM will not save the records there.

What exactly does "will not" mean here? Do you get an error message?

On 5/30/2021 at 1:40 AM, comment said:

Could be an OS permissions issue.

Most likely  permission issue.  I have some other work around thoughts on how to handle chase a solution, even a crazy work around.  Not tonight. It's cold beer time.

My Filemaker 18 Pro application files (.fmp12) are physically located on a NAS mapped drive W:.  The application itself is running on the drive C:, accessing the fmp12 files from the W: NAS.

Isn’t this exactly the setup @Wim Decortewarns about?

This topic is 1051 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.