Filemaker Crashing

This topic is 8291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok... Got us a site that on every page displays 4 records from a database in FM (Version 5 - Unlimited) through an Iframe tag. All it is doing is searching for a certain field within the record and displaying them in ascending order. Doesn't seem like it is that demanding or should be that demanding. It's running on a Dual G4 Mac with over a gig of RAM. Any help would be great because right now everyone who visits is just getting a "Page Could Not Be Displayed" error. Site address: www.basd.k12.pa.us

Version 5 running on OS 9.2

It's not running a script to display it, it is doing a find command:

http://www.basd.k12.pa.us:519/FMPro?-db=dates.fp5&-format=datefinal.html&Class=A&-Max=4&-SortField=Event_Date&-SortOrder=acsending&-Find

Will this find be causing a problem? I was checking over some other posts and noticed that some people were having trouble with OS 9.2 and Filemaker, does anyone know anything else about this?

It's configured to run through port 519. Thats the default port when we used instant publishing as well. It refuses connections when filemaker is down. It works just fine while the program is running, but when it's down it refuses the connection.

Ok... Since I posted the first one I did remove all scripts from the display. I noticed that the port the companion was set at was 519. I was reading other posts, and noticed that it was supposed to be 591. SO I changed it to that port, in the program and in the request for the information. It runs longer, but still crashes. Really confused at this point! crazy.gif" border="0

I'll have to try the newest patch. I checked out the description for it before, but it didn't seem to look like it would be the solution to my problem, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it anyway. I changed the filemaker program location to a different server. This one has 40mb of ram allocated for filemaker. Am currently exploring the idea of placing the filemaker server behind our pix box so as to eliminate any problems that nimda may be causing us. This would limit traffic to the 591 port only.

This topic is 8291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.