Behaviour of the Quick Find feature in FM13

This topic is 949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm probably going to be embarrassed at the simplicity of the answer to this question, as in extensive searching I haven't found any information that resolves it.

Opening a simple inventory spreadsheet with about 5000 lines with Filemaker 13 and saving it as a 'converted' filemaker database, I expect to be able to use the Quick Find facility to find records where there is a field that matches the 'find text'. In an example search for string "KDC2" I get a found set of 998 out of 5028 records. 

To find which fields contain the "KBC2" string, from the Edit menu I use Find/Replace, but cannot find the "KDC2" string anywhere. In fact when I go to the spreadsheet and do the same, I can't find the string there either! So, there must be something in the Quick Find that is falsely finding records with the "KDC2" string.

Any pointers or hints would be very welcome. I'm sure there's something simple that I'm missing on the concept of the 'Quick Find'.

Why don't you find in a specific field? How many fields would you expect to have this string in?

You said you can't find that value in your spread sheet either. Perhaps that string doesn't exist in your data set?

2 hours ago, David Winter said:

I use Find/Replace, but cannot find the "KDC2" string anywhere.

Perhaps the issue is with the Find/Replace, rather than Quick Find. Can you post a simple file that would enable us to reproduce the problem?

This topic is 949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.