FileMaker Server 19 - Mac OS Mojave - PHP - FX.php - Data-API

This topic is 918 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Have been using FX.php since 2008, ran it through to version 16, and it has worked great.

Recently rewrote tons of code to update for Server 19, FX.php, the Data-API.  FX.php changed a bit and some new code is needed to

make it work, and it works great.  The problem is, I got it working on Windows......

Now I need to do this again for MacOS.

Right out of the gate:

1) anything I can find about enabling/installing PHP on MacOS Mojave+ has not worked.

2) I can enter the URL for the FM Web Server and it loads the boilerplate

3) Trying to access any other resource in the web folder results in an error that it doesn't exist or I don't have permission to view. 

Have spent hours researching this and have done absolutely everything anyone has suggested to change the outcome.

In working on the project for windows, I started by using FM Server 18 on MacOS and had very little problem overcoming the

exact same issues ( installing and enabling PHP went exactly as described ) and was able to rewrite all the code, get it working

as before and it transferred to Windows without any issue.

I have stopped short of re-installing MacOS and would rather not have to do that, so if there is any resource out there that covers

the finer points of PHP on MacOS from Mojave onward I could really use some help.

What is the actual issue? Do you need to enable CWP? Do you need to enable PHP? Or is there a file privilege issue on your system?

I can log in and take a look if you'd like, here is my public key of the week:

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIIzczhvtZvlf2J78GVybXzS3Co4/7fnwkKhMEzGLCK6U

Edited by ggt667

The actual issue:

Steps taken to enable/install PHP have not resulted in web queries to the web server running the php code.

(at one point it simply displayed the php code as text on the screen instead of running it.)

Steps taken to insure that there are no privilege issues with the files I am placing in the FM server web directory

does not change the error that says I don't have permission to access the URL.

To check your PHP installation by creating a PHP info file and running it ( has always worked great as a

sign that PHP is installed and running ) returns that either the file doesn't exist or I don't have permission to access it.

This has happened across 2 separate installations of MacOS Mojave, so that sort of rules out that one of these

OS instances has an issue unique to the other.  I have followed the steps in the FM documentation and have spent

hours researching Apache/PHP issues similar to mine, tried all the suggestions (and then some) all for naught.

If I accept your offer to look, I would have to arrange a day/time in the future that we are both available. 

Unfortunately at this time, I am too busy, and posting here is in hopes that others have experienced this and

have a *NEW* action I can take, as I have already done countless little things that have worked for so many others,

but not in this instance.

If both queries below run fine, a log of apache would be of interest; also a check of which grammar version selected in FX.php comes to mind.

To check CWP:

curl -kL -XPOST "http://username:password@fmserver/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames"

To check PHP:

write a file with the following contents, named test.php

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Make sure this file is located in the root folder of your apache htdocs folder, test using web browser or

curl -kL "http://apacheserver/test.php"
Edited by ggt667

This topic is 918 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.