Field Pull Down Menu Manipulation

revjj

This topic is 878 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a field that I set up as a pull down menu to select a category.  I would like to have the field content default to the first entry in the list when ever I complete the data required in the layout it is contained in.  For example, my field has the following items in its pull down menu : "Please select a Bill type"::"Bill One"::"Bill Two"::"Bill Three":: etc.  I would like to have it default back to the upper most selection ("Please select a Bill type").  Is this possible?  And if so, how do I do it?

Thank you in advance.

Let me clarify with some visuals.  When I start the solution I would like this to display for the user.

image.png.dcc07cd77c8ca488f088b834023bc973.png

Once the user selects from the drop down menu

image.png.c147a1da6ace32d68e6697b8242216c5.png

I would like to create a new record and store the selection (say, WATER), Date and Payment in that record.  Once the data is stored in the new record and the user moves on to something else, while returning to the layout for "Bill Type Selection" I would like it to display the original selection list with "Select A Bill Type" at the top of the selection rather than the previous bill type selected automatically which would be "WATER" in this example.

image.png.4310e59ba7bf23c4bc42d68c185773a3.png

Does that make more sense?

This topic is 878 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.