Server Maintenance This Week. ×

External Data Source from another server in webdirect

This topic is 872 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I had three filemaker files on one filemaker server 19 that were all connected using external data source. Yesterday I had to relocate two of the files to another server but one file must remain on the original server. I changed the external data sources in the two relocated files to point from the new server back to the old server to access the remaining file. When opening with filemaker all three files work fine. The data source files open in the background and the data is available. However, in webdirect, while one of the files works fine and established the connection providing the data, the other does not. It just displays "<file Missing>".

Is there a setting somewhere that prevents the data source from connecting from another server when using webdirect?

Update: When I initially tested, one of the relocated files was able to connect to the file on the other server but now it's not connecting either. Again, this is only with webdirect. When opened in filemaker everything works as expected in all three files.

Also for clarity, all three files worked fine in both Filemaker and webdirect when all three files were on the same server.

Edited by Ron Cates

Yes webDirect is enabled on both servers. I can access all three files via webDirect on their respective servers. All three files are full solutions with user interface and unique functionality. They just share a couple tables which essentially is a common table of clients and their contacts that are stored in one of the files.

This topic is 872 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.