Voice Recognition

rmsherman

This topic is 7916 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good question! There was a voice recognition session at FM DevCon, I didn't go to that one. Let's take a look on the conference CD...there was, presented by Rich Coulombre. But, as luck would have it, he published no sides, notes or examples and none have been published on the conference session update page. You might check his site at www.supportgroup.com. If you find nothing posted, email him for information.

-bd

Or you might ask members of the board who use voice recognition...

The problem w/ most voice recognition programs is that they only work or work best w/in the voice recognition program. This includes Dragon Naturally Speaking, the most popular voice recognition program. Dragon can work in other programs, namely, Bill Gates versions and maintain most of its features. In FM, Dragon works with some hesitation. Basic voice input, tabbing between fields, selecting from popup lists works well. Some of the finer things, which really make it work seamlessly w/ FM don't work as well, i.e., automated capitalization while moving w/in text can be frustrating. Overall, when Dragon is working, it can beat keyboard input. The best advise I can give is make sure Dragon's accuracy is high w/in its own window before going into any other program, especially FM. Train, train, train. Dragon is a PC only program.

On the Mac side, there is a program from a small company that could be very promising. iListen

This topic is 7916 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.