Graphical Random Number Generator

I have a Random Number Generator but was wanting to jazz it up with something like a Wheel of Fortune spin to it as it cycles through numbers for a few seconds.  

I am retired and have FM from 3.0 up to 18 now and my skills are so I have been told here " you don't know how to program"  yet I am still at it falling all over myself trying to get something clunky to work.  SO!

I help with a Church Scouting Group called Royal Rangers.  I made some give aways out of wood and we pulled numbers out of a hat to give them away.  I wanted a virtual way of picking random numbers that can be displayed up on a screen to add some excitement.  

Right now I am just switching between layouts with a pause in my script to get a effect.  Yet it's pretty boring.  Any suggestions on how to jazz it up.  

Thanks Comment.  I just made 5 layouts and used the pause script step and some format options and color changes to jazz it up a bit.  It looks hokey but it works.

Many years ago I believe it was you that gave me some help with a picture booklet for our Royal Rangers Group.  That help brought in donations for our District Royal Rangers for many years almost a 1000 in donations over the years.  Were still using that booklet code however we only update every so often now.  

Thanks for the help.

9 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

I just made 5 layouts and used the pause script step and some format options and color changes

That's exactly what I meant by "valiant efforts". Someone (Agnes Barouh?) even made an animation of a layout sliding into view!

If you don't want to look into more modern methods, consider something much cheaper to implement:

Suspense.fmp12

Untested on Windows, some flashing may occur.

• 1 year later...

Oh yes, that is quite brilliant, thank you.

It's amazing, the simplest of games that keeps them occupied.  It's s bit like presents when they discard the toy and choose to play with the box, the simple things LOL.

Thank you.