Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email script not working

This topic is 665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For years I've been using scripts to make emails from a record to my default mail client. Today suddenly that stopped working for no apparent reason.

I've attached a screenshot of the error-message which is in Dutch but says something like: "Some required files have been damaged of are not installed. Run the installation program to fix this problem."

I did already run the installation program for FMP 19.4 but the problem remains the same.

Hope someone recognizes this problem and is able to help.

Thanks, Peter

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-06 om 12.53.58.png

2 minutes ago, comment said:

I haven't encountered this myself, but I believe it has to do with the OS default email client selection. 

Did you find an easy solution or did you have to reinstall the entire OS?

Using Mac 10.15.7 over here btw

14 minutes ago, comment said:

As I said, I have never encountered this problem myself. IIRC, others have reported solving the problem simply by re-selecting Mail.app as the default email reader in Mail preferences.

Thanks, that was the solution! For some reason Mail had Chrome as the default mail reader, switching it back fixed the problem.

And I did misread the part that it was a problem you hadn't encountered yourself, thanks for your patience.

13 minutes ago, peter100 said:

switching it back fixed the problem

Ah, good.

Perhaps we should make it easier for others to find this solution by quoting the exact error message in English (as provided by Google search):

"Some of the files that are needed are either damaged or have not been installed. Please run the installer to correct this problem."

14 minutes ago, comment said:

Ah, good.

Perhaps we should make it easier for others to find this solution by quoting the exact error message in English (as provided by Google search):

"Some of the files that are needed are either damaged or have not been installed. Please run the installer to correct this problem."

Thanks for adding the error message as it is in English, let's hope that will others help find this solution.

• 1 month later...

Since updating to FMP 19.5.1.36, I have also encountered this issue. Have double-checked that Outlook is default email email client but to no avail. FM error code is 130.

Sounds like a different problem.

What I get (but I'm not an expert) is "Files are damaged or missing and must be reinstalled" for error code 130. Is it possible that the path to a file included in the email changed when updating to the new FMP version?

I'm using Mac OS Monterey 12.4 and the latest version of Outlook 365 (16.62). I have ensured that default email client is Outlook. I have tried both "old" and "new" Outlook. I contacted Claris support. I explained to them that this only started since the upgrading to FMP 19.5.1.36. This is what they said:

"FileMaker Pro only supports Apple Mail as the default reader for the mail app. So make sure that you go to Mail > Preferences > General > Default Email Reader: and that it is set to Mail."

I queried the fact that this only started with the latest update to FMP and pointed out that there can be many reasons why Outlook may be more practical for some organisations than Mail. This is what they said:

"On MacOS, we’ve ever only supported Apple Mail. Any other app working is purely coincidental and unintentional."

I'm just venting my frustration, but I'd really like a solution. Changing our users' our email client from Outlook to Mail is not an option.

10 hours ago, millmaine said:

I'd really like a solution.

It depends on what exactly you are trying to accomplish. If sending mail through your preferred e-mail client is not supported. you can send through the server - using  either SMTP or your mail provider's API. If you prefer to interact with the client, you can probably do so using AppleScript.

Edited by comment

This topic is 665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.