Server Maintenance This Week. ×

windows runtime problem

This topic is 7914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am attempting to create a windows runtime solution using filemaker developer for the mac. When I create the solution, the files (dll) the the manual says are supposed to be created don't seem to be. The resulting runtime solution will not work in a windows environment. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

In order to create a runtime solution for the Windows platform, you need to do it on a Windows machine with FileMaker Developer. The same applies to macintosh runtime solutions, you need to create them on a mac.

I'm not sure, but you might be able to do the Windows runtime on a mac using Virtual PC.

It is cross-platform. FM Pro files can run on Mac and Win. However, when you create a runtime, there are other files that need to be created in order for the OS to run it (.dlls on Win, for example). I think you would be hard-pressed to find ANY program that would run cross platform right when you pop in the CD. You just have to create/install it on the platform you want to run it on.

Ken

Yes, you need to have FM Developer installed on a Win machine. Use the Developer Tool and it will create the runtime to run on Win.

By the way, if you are interested in making a setup file that will "install" the runtime on a machine and create shortcuts, you can check out the Ghost Installer (www.ginstall.com). It's free. There are others out there that I'm sure others will suggest.

Have fun!

Ken

This topic is 7914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.