Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sum Portal help

saghira

This topic is 521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi 

I have "amount" field in portal . to sum amount in portal  I make S_Amount a summery of total of amount field. which total all amount field in portal.

but how do total of S_amount ( I need total sum of summery )

also i make sub summery part which display monthly total of S_Amount , how it do that too.

25 minutes ago, saghira said:

but how do total of S_amount ( I need total sum of summery )

If you are producing a report from the child table (the table shown in the portal), then you will use the same summary field to show sub-summary values by parent as well as for the grand total. Summary fields show different values when placed in different layout parts.

If you are viewing a set of records in a layout of the parent table, and you want to see the total for the current found set, you will need to add two fields to the parent table:

• a calculation field that sums the child records;
  • a summary field that totals the calculation field.

25 minutes ago, saghira said:

also i make sub summery part which display monthly total of S_Amount , how it do that

Not sure what exactly you are asking. To display sub-summary values by month, you need a field that holds a common value for all records in the same month. If your records do not already have such field, then you need to add it. Most often a calculation field with a Date result =

YourDatefield - Day ( YourDatefield ) + 1

is the most convenient solution.

Once you have such field, you use it to create the sub-summary part and include it in the sort order when producing the report.

Edited by comment
  • Like 1

This topic is 521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.