Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtime solution linking to hosted .mp4 files on the internet but streamed/played in webviewer

Blaze
Go to solution Solved by comment,

This topic is 476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Objective: Links from within the program to .mp4 files (audio and/or video) that are stored/hosted online and streamed to the webviewer inside the solution.

These are not embedded or contained in any webpage or media player. Just the raw files with a filepath to them. Is there a way to get those to play in the webviewer.

There are 9000+ of these files and creating a player or webpage for each is a daunting task needless to say. 

The idea is to keep the solution as small as possible (especially for mobile devices) so I don't think the container approach is the way to go.

Any thoughts or help would be GREATLY  appreciated.

• Solution
On 12/31/2022 at 6:51 PM, Blaze said:

Just the raw files with a filepath to them.

Can you show an example or two of such "filepath"? If the files are "stored/hosted online", then I would expect them to be accessible using a URL, not a file path. If the URL protocol allows free access to the files, then you could set your web viewer to something like:

Let (
html = "data:text/html;charset=utf-8, <html><body><video controls width='500'><source src='<URL>' type='video/mp4'>An error has occurred.</video></body></html>"
;
Substitute ( html ; "<URL>" ; YourTable::URLfield )
)

either by a button or by defining the web viewer's internal web address - depending on your preferred user interface. 

This will place an embedded media player in your web viewer and load it with the video whose URL is stored in URLfield.

• Like 1

That looks very promising bcooney! Thanks very much. I've signed up for their trial and am in contact with them to see if I can initially get past their 3000 monthly file upload limit.

And yes, I know that runtimes are a deprecated feature, but still doable.

Thank you "comment" Grand Master. That was a great solution. It was what was needed.

This is how I had it set up

Let ([data = GetAsURLEncoded ( WebViewURLFullScreen )];"data:text/html,"& "<html><head>"& "<style type=\”text/css\”>body {font-family: ‘Arial’ ;font-size: .9em ;padding:0px;   margin:0px;width: 100%;}    </style></head>"& "<body>" &data& "</body></html> 

Which really did not provide the play parameters. Thank you so much both of you. I think that gets me past the roadblock.

Edited by Blaze

This topic is 476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.